WINIX PlasmaWave® technology
The Winix Plasmawave® technology harnesses nature’s ability to clean the air and recreates the natural, safe and effective process that purifies air. Our technology creates a safe & short electrical discharge to create dual polarity ions (positive and negative) and disperses them into the air. As the ions attach to the surface of air pollutants, such as bacteria or viruses, they naturally remove hydrogen from the molecular structure of air pollutants, thus eliminating them and resulting in cleaner, fresher air.
Main benefits of PlasmaWave®
- Greatly reduces odours from everyday smells such as bodily, cooking and smoke
- Protects indoor air by reducing mould growth rates.
- Increases air purification performance by reducing static electricity so air pollutants are captured by the air purifier airflow directing them into the multi-stage filtration process.
How does it work?
- PlasmaWave® technology creates a short electrical discharge to create dual polarity ions from air moisture that are dispersed into the This electrical discharge is safe and only occurs for a short period of time (nanoseconds).
- These are + hydrogen (H+) and – oxygen ions (-O2). The ions attach themselves to surface of air pollutants to form Hydroxyls by removing hydrogen from the structure of air
- This interaction removes air pollutants and allows the ions to use the missing Hydrogen ion, which was removed from the structure of the air pollutants, to return as air moisture (H2O).
Why is Plasmawave® better than other technologies?
Plasmawave® Technology can be incorrectly mislabelled as an “Ionizer” or confused with negative ion generation technology. Our technology is far superior because it produces both positive and negative ions while ionizers only produce negative ions. Negative ion air purifiers do not eliminate air pollutants. Instead, negative ions force contaminant particles to group together so they are weighed down onto the surface of furniture and floors. Everyday activities such as walking or vacuuming can reintroduce these contaminants by helping them become airborne once again. Only Plasmawave® technology effectively reduces the concentration of air pollutants.
Is PlasmaWave® safe?
Plasmawave® meets the California Air Resource Board’s AB 2276 standard, which is the most rigorous American certification benchmark for indoor air cleaning ozone-emissions. To attain compliance, air cleaning devices must be tested for electrical safety and have ozone emission ratings below the 0.05 parts per million limit.
Invluenza Virus Removal
Test performed by Yonsei University labs concluded Plasmawave® technology reduces the rate of live influenza virus by 99.6% in 1 hour.
Electrical & Mechanical Safety
Plasmawave® complies with UL safety and mechanical constructions standards.
Ozone Emission Safety
All WINIX products are certified by the California Air Resource Board to ensure Ozone emissions are below the air cleaner limit of 50 part per million ozone emission limit.