WINIX PlasmaWave® Technology
WINIX Plasmawave technology harnesses nature’s ability to clean the air and recreates this safe and effective process in our air purifiers. Our technology provides a safe and short electrical discharge to create ions with dual polarity (positive and negative) and disperse them in the air. When these ions attach to the surface of air pollutants, such as bacteria or viruses, they naturally remove hydrogen from the molecular structure of these air pollutants. This eliminates them, resulting in cleaner and healthier air.
Why WINIX PlasmaWave® Technology
- Helps to reduces household odors from cooking, pets and cigarette smoke.
- Helps to reduces viruses and bacteria from your indoor air.
- Helps to reduce mold spores.
- Increases your indoor air quality by reducing static electricity so that air pollutants are captured by the air purifiers airflow, which directs them into the multi-stage filtration process.
How does it work?
- The PlasmaWave technology of our air purifiers creates a short electrical discharge to create dual polarity ions from humidity that are diffused in the room. This electrical discharge only occurs for a short period of time (nanoseconds) and is therefore 100% safe.
- These are + hydrogen (H+) and – oxygen ions (-O2). The ions attach to the surface of air pollutants to form Hydroxyls by removing hydrogen from the structure of air pollutants.
- This interaction removes air pollutants and allows the ions to use the missing hydrogen ion, which was removed from the structure of the air pollutants, to return as humidity (H2O).
Why is PlasmaWave® Technology better than other technologies?
The WINIX Plasmawave technology can be misclassified as an “ionizer” and confused with negative ion generation technology. Our technology is much better because it produces both positive and negative ions. This while an air purifier with only ionization only produces negative ions. An air purifier with an ionization air purifier system does not eliminate air pollutants.
Instead, negative ions force pollutant particles to group together so that they are weighed down and land on the surface of furniture and floors. In addition, an air purifier with an ionization function often generates harmful ozone. Everyday activities such as walking or vacuuming can reintroduce these contaminants by moving them back into the air. Only our Plasmawave® Technology effectively reduces the density of air pollutants.
Watch the short video to understand the our air purifier filtration process:
Is WINIX PlasmaWave® technology safe?
WINIX Plasmawave Technology is fully compliant with the Californian Air Resource Board AB 2276 standard, the most stringent US certification criterion for indoor ozone emissions. To meet these requirements, all our air purifiers are tested for electronic safety and that they have ozone emission qualifications below the limit value of 0.05 parts per million. This allows you to use any of our air purifiers with confidence at all times to create pure and clean indoor air.
For those who still want to use an air purifier at home without any technology, but with the highest quality H13 HEPA filter (99,999%), Plasmawave® Technology can be easily switched off on all our air purifiers. Our technology is incorporated in all our air purifier models, such as the WINIX ZERO Compact, WINIX ZERO and WINIX ZERO Pro.