Privacy Statement Winix
This Privacy Statement was most recently revised on May 10, 2019.
Via the website www.winixeurope.eu, the website of Winix Europe B.V. (Winix), privacy-sensitive or personal data are processed. Winix deems careful handling of personal data very important. Personal data are therefore carefully processed and secured by us in accordance with the requirements for the processing of personal data laid down in European privacy legislation.
In our processing activities, we comply with privacy law requirements. This means, among other things, that we:
- clearly specify our purposes before we process personal data, by using this Privacy Statement;
- strive to limit the collection of personal data to those needed for legitimate purposes only;
- first ask for explicit consent to process your personal data in cases where your consent is required;
- take appropriate security measures to protect your personal data and we demand the same from parties who process personal data on our behalf;
- respect your right to inspect, correct or delete your personal data held by us.
We act as the controller of the data processing. In this Privacy Statement, we explain which personal data we collet and use and for what purposes. We recommend that you read it carefully.
Processing of personal data
By using our website, you leave certain data with us, which may include personal data. We only store and use personal data that are provided directly by you or which are clearly provided to us for processing purposes. We will not use the personal data for any other purposes, unless you have given your prior consent to do so, or if so required by law.
If you use our website, we will process the following personal data:
- your name;
- your e-mail address;
- messages that you send us via our Service page.
- your use of the website (such as IP address, cookie ID, website and click behavior and referrer URL).
We process your personal data for the following purposes:
- to give you access to the website winixeurope.eu;
- to reply to the messages that you send us via our Service page;
- to provide the services that you requested;
- to analyze statistics and optimize the website, and to measure the effectiveness of our marketing..
We provide a newsletter to inform those interested of our products and services. You will only receive the newsletter if you have given your consent for this. Each newsletter contains a link with which you can unsubscribe from our newsletter. We will store your e-mail address until you cancel your subscription.
You can use the Service page on our website to ask us questions or to make any request. For this purpose, we use your name, e-mail address and the message you sent us. The messages that you send us will be stored until we have satisfactorily answered your question or request and six months after. This way, you don’t have to tell your story again, should you return with another question. We process this data based on the contract that we have with you.
Other retention periods
The personal data collected by us in order to use our website, are retained no longer than is necessary for the processing purposes. This, unless Winix must observe a longer statutory retention period based on a legal obligation.
Provision to third parties
Your personal data can be transferred to and saved by third parties that are hired by Winix to process personal data on our behalf to help deliver the content and the services that you requested. This will only be done to deliver our services. We may share your personal data with the following parties:
- IT service providers;
- cookie service providers;
- other companies within the Winix group (these might be located outside the European Economic Area. If so, we make appropriate arrangements with these parties to protect your personal data).
Winix takes appropriate measures to protect your personal data. Winix will oblige these external specialists to handle your personal data confidentially and to take appropriate technical and organizational measures to protect your data against any form of unlawful processing.
Additionally, your personal data may be shared to a third party if Winix is required to do so by law or police or court order, or if we think that this is necessary to prevent or stop illegal activities or violations of our policies.
Cookies are small information files in which we can store information, so that you do not have to fill in that information again. We can also use them to see whether you are visiting us again. This is one through the web browser on your device (such as your PC, tablet or smartphone). The information that can be transmitted by a cookie, over the use of our website, can be transferred to the servers of a third part.
Most cookies have an expiration date. This means that they expire automatically after a certain period and no longer record any data from your website visit. You can also choose to delete the cookies manually before the expiration date. Consult the manual of your browser for this.
On our website, we provided YouTube frames and buttons to the Google App Store and Apple’s App Store. By clicking on these buttons, you will be forwarded to Winix’ page on YouTube or in either App Store, where you will have the opportunity to download our Winix Smart App. These links work with pieces of code from Google or Apple. We do not have any influence on this. We therefore recommend to read the privacy statements of YouTube, Google or Apple, before using these buttons.
Third party websites
This Privacy Statement does not apply to third-party websites that are linked to our website. We cannot guarantee that such third parties handle your personal data carefully and securely. We recommend that you read the privacy statements of their website before you make use of these websites.
We take appropriate security measures to reduce misuse of and unauthorizes access to personal data. We take the following measures in particular:
- We use secure connections (Secure Socket Layer or SSL) to encrypt all information between your and our website when entering your personal data.
- We keep logs of all requests for personal data.
- Access to personal data is restricted to those people who need the personal data to fulfil their tasks.
Changes to this Privacy Statement
We reserve the right to modify this Privacy Statement. Changes will be published on our website and previous versions will continue to be available. We recommend that you consult this Privacy Statement on a regular basis, so that you remain informed of any changes.
Your rights regarding your data
If you have provided personal data via our website, you have the following rights:
- the right to access the personal data that we have about you;
- the right to rectification of erroneous data;
- the right to erasure of (outdated) data;
- the right to withdraw your consent;
- the right to restriction of processing;
- the right to receive a digital copy of your personal data and to transfer or have this transferred;
- the right to object to certain uses.
To prevent abuse, we may ask you to provide proper proof of your identity.
Of course, we will happily help you if you have any complaints about the processing of your personal data. Based on privacy legislation, you also have the right to lodge a complaint with the national supervisory authority responsible for the protection of personal data against our processing of your personal data.
- Belgium: Commissie voor de bescherming van de persoonlijke levenssfeer / Commission de la protection de la vie privée
- France: Commission Nationale de l’Informatique et des Libertés – CNIL
- Germany: Die Bundesbeauftragte für den Datenschutz and die Informationsfreiheit
- Netherlands: Autoriteit Persoonsgegevens, which you can contact here.
- UK: The Information Commissioner’s Office
If you have any questions about your privacy or about this Privacy Statement, you can send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Furthermore, you can contact us via the following contact details:
Name Winix Europe B.V.
Address Hoogoorddreef 74
1101 BG Amsterdam, The Netherlands
Telephone +31 (0)20 36 32 107
(Dutch Chamber of Commerce number)