WINIX LightCel™ Technology
WINIX LightCelTM UV-C + LED Technology removes bacteria present in water, providing a comforting and safe mist for you and your family. Ultraviolet humidifiers (UV) sanitize water with UV light, spreading clean water particles throughout the room. The UV-C light sanitizes the water before diffusing it, reducing the spread of germs and bacteria. UV-C rays inhibit proliferation by disabling cells in the principle of damaging the chemical structure of biological DNA.
There are three types of UV rays:
- Long wavelength (UV-A)
- Medium wavelength (UV-B)
- Short wavelength (UV-C)
The shorter the wavelength of ultraviolet rays, the stronger the sterilization is, therefore UV-C rays are the ones commonly used for sterilization.
Benefits of UV Humidifier
Humidifiers are known for having a great impact on people´s health and, as we saw, UV-C light is a powerful disinfection agent. By combining these two technologies, humidifiers can provide multiple proven benefits. You get clean, germ-free air distributed around your home. Ultraviolet light has been proven to kill bacteria, germs, viruses, and pathogens at a specific wavelength. The UV light in the humidifier sanitizes the water before releasing the water into the air.
Adding humidity to the air (especially during the winter months) can improve the air quality in your home, and it can have significant positive effects on your family’s health.
UV humidifiers are proven to be especially beneficial for:
- People that suffer from allergies and asthma
- People with skin issues
- People with breathing problems
- People that want to minimize the presence of any viruses and bacteria in the air
- People that live in a dry climate
- People that have pets and odors in the house
- People that are having trouble sleeping
- People that have furniture that needs to be protected by humidity
The WINIX L500 humidifier
The LightCelTM UV-C + LED Technology described above is part of the WINIX L500.
The WINIX L500 is an ultrasonic humidifier with a warm and cool mist. Thanks to its 7.5-liter water tank, it can effectively do its job for long periods of time without too much maintenance. This humidifier is recommended for living rooms, bedrooms, and offices.
How do Ultrasonic Humidifiers work?
Ultrasonic humidifiers are based on a highly efficient technology that expels small drops of water into the air. After it, these drops evaporate into water vapor, humidifying the space. Normal (evaporative) humidifiers, on the other hand, use heat to evaporate the water inside the unit and then expel the steam into the air.
The main benefits of ultrasonic humidifiers
Ultrasonic humidifiers offer a few advantages over evaporative humidifiers.
- Ultrasonic humidifiers are quieter and require less maintenance than traditional humidifiers. They do not require changing filters and there is no risk of burns since the water does not stay hot inside the unit. This is especially important if the humidifier is used in a child’s room.
- Ultrasonic humidifiers are very good at humidifying the air and could even add too much moisture to the air resulting in over-humidified air causing dampness and mold. This is why it is necessary to have a humidistat that can detect humidity levels. The ultrasonic humidifier WINIX L500 has a humidistat that can be used to regulate a constant and perfect level of humidity.
- The vibration of an ultrasonic humidifier is much quieter than the fan of an evaporative humidifier. Additionally, ultrasonic humidifiers consume less electricity than traditional humidifiers.
On top of this, the advanced UV-C LightCel Technology will eliminate any bacteria in the water tank to make sure the droplets that are being released into the air are not contaminated.