I can't connect to the Smart App?
- Did you enter your wifi password correctly? You can tick the ‘display text’ box to double check.
- Make sure the wifi button LED is on first, then press and hold it for 3-5 seconds until you will hear a beep.
- Check whether you selected the right product. Different models can have the same design. You can find the model name on the packaging or in the manual.
- It might take a few seconds for the Smart App wifi signal to be detected in your network menu.
- Users with a “Smart Network Switch” on their device should temporarily disable it before connecting.
- If you can’t connect through 3G/4G, after successfully setting up the connection, then your router password might contain symbols. To solve this problem please change your router password and go through the setup procedure once more.
- On Android phones V7 or older, a pop-up may appear when connecting to the ‘Winix Smart’ network, please ignore or press ‘dismiss’.
- On Android V8 and later versions a pop-up may also appear when connecting to the ‘Winix Smart’ network, please press ‘cancel’.
How big of an area will this clean?
Winix Air Purifiers are independently rated for a Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR) by the Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers (AHAM) http://ahamverifide.org/directory-of-air-cleaners/. An optimal room size is recommended by AHAM for all machines. Winix adheres to these AHAM ratings. However, we also state our recommended maximum room size for certain machines where it is helpful. Not all manufacturers adhere to AHAM.
Are air cleaners good for allergy sufferers?
Allergies affect every person differently. Although Winix air purifiers are very effective at removing a myriad of contaminants from the air in your home, it is impossible for us to anticipate everyone’s environment and medical condition. What we do know is that our air purifiers are excellent at reducing airborne pollutants such as dust, smoke, pollen, and pet dander. We use safe and effective technologies that are capable of bringing you the best in-home air quality we can offer. If you suffer from allergies – we sincerely hope that our product helps you breathe easy.
What certifications do Winix’s air purifiers have?
- Winix proudly participates in the official AHAM (Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers) Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR) program so that you can compare air cleaners on a fair and even basis for their removal of Dust, Smoke and Pollen.
- Energy Star is a program which provides certification to consumer products which meet certain standards of energy efficiency. All Winix Air Cleaners are Energy Star qualified products.
- ECARF & Allergy UK Seal of Approval – The European Center for Allergy Research Foundation (ECARF) has set itself to, improve the quality of life of people with allergies by targeting & actively promoting research on allergies. www.ecarf.org . The British Allergy Foundation is an internationally recognized charity providing advice, information, and support for those with allergies and food intolerance. They are a voice of the allergy sufferers, representing those affected by this multi-organ disease. www.allergyuk.org
How often do I need to replace the filters?
One of the great features of a Winix air purifiers is the use of Smart Sensors that detect the real conditions of the environment and adjust the fan speed accordingly. Unlike other brands that use a timer, Winix air purifier’s alert you when your filters need to be changed. This, in turn, saves you money and allows the filters to work more efficiently. Again, this is all based on average usage, and home environments vary from place to place. One pack of filters, which come with every Winix air purifier, will typically last you one year with normal use. If you have a Wi-Fi enabled Winix unit, the Winix Smart app will tell you the status of the filter and will link to the re-order site if required.
How do I replace the filter?
Please refer to your manual. A downloadable version is available in the Product Support section. If you have an air cleaner that uses a carbon pre-filter and True HEPA filter, you should place the True HEPA filter in the air cleaner first, followed by the carbon pre-filter. If you use an filter cassette, the tabs should be closest to you and the washable pre-filter pointing towards you as you place the cartridge in the unit.
Can I leave my air purifier on all the time?
We recommend doing so because your air purifier uses smart sensors to adjust the fan speed, it will never use more energy than is necessary to maintain a healthy, comfortable environment. By leaving your unit running it will continuously be drawing in the room air and filtering impurities. Our air purifiers have light sensors that adjust the fan speed according to day and night, putting the air purifier into a low-light sleep mode in the dark.
Where is the best location to place my air purifier?
As a general rule, place your Winix air purifier where it can have the best air flow. This means it needs to be placed slightly away from the wall and furniture. Be sure to place your Winix air purifier wherever you are going to spend the most amount of time (such as your living room or family room), or where you have the most concern about odors or allergens (such as in your kitchen or where your pets are), or where it helps you the most (such as in your bedroom when you are sleeping).
There is an odor coming from my air purifier.
Don’t worry. Sometimes when the unit is new, the materials from the filter can “outgas” when they are first used. Leave the unit running for a day or so and it should clear up. If you are concerned about this, leave the unit running on high in a separate room during this period…it should clear up overnight.
I hear a “buzzing” sound, while my unit is running.
Sometimes when the room is very quiet, you may hear a slight buzz or “electric hum” from the PlasmaWave® generator inside of the unit. This is nothing to worry about. The PlasmaWave® generator uses electricity to create a strong corona discharge causing it to occasionally make a slight noise. It’s working properly to clean the air.
What is an Activated Carbon Pre-filter?
Winix specially formulated their Activated Carbon Pre-Filter to capture offensive household odors caused by pets, smoke, cooking, and many other odors found within your home.
What is True-HEPA Filtration?
Our True-HEPA Filtration is excellent for reducing 99.97% of respiratory irritants and pollutants down to 0.3 microns in size. This includes: Allergens, pollen, mold spores, dust, pet dander and bacteria.
What is Advanced Odor Control (AOC) Washable Carbon Filter?
Our Advanced Odor Control (AOC) Washable Carbon Filter is 3 times more effective at capturing and neutralizing odors created by pets, cooking, smoke, and many other household contaminants found in the air.
What is PlasmaWave® Technology?
PlasmaWave® Technology safely breaks apart odors, allergens, chemical vapors, and other pollutants at the molecular level, without causing harmful ozone. PlasmaWave® creates positive and negative ions that combine with natural water vapor to form hydroxyls, which cleans the indoor air. Winix Air Purifiers are tested and certified by the California Air Resources Board (CARB) to be well within very safe emission levels. CARB EO reference numbers are available on request.
What does the Air Quality Sensor with Auto-Mode do?
You won’t have to worry about constantly adjusting your FresHome™ air purifier. The Air Quality Sensor allows for you to set your FresHome™ air purifier to Auto-Mode and will automatically adjust the cleaning power for optimal performance; working hard when you need it and saving energy when you don’t.